Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora

Or what it used to be

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Facilier

Dr. Facilier

Aantal berichten : 13
Registratiedatum : 2012-11-19

One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) Empty
PostSubject: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

The good doctor creaked his eyes open from behind the heavy mask that felt as if it had become part of his face itself. He was liking this island less and less as the time went by. It was almost as if a reversal of his own tricks and trade was assaulting him here full force. Reaching out he kept his hold on the person next to him wondering exactly who it could be behind the Green mask.

He could hardly see as it was holding one hand to cover his eye and the other to hold tight to the hand in his. He lightly shook it.

"Well now, are you awake yet?" He questioned hoping his partner whoever they were would awaken soon so they could escape this strange place. The darkness surrounded them from every turn as the trees leaned in as if they wished to consume them whole.

"All I can think of is for us to just keep going forward to try to get out of here." He said his eyebrows furrowing downward beneath the mask.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

Aantal berichten : 24
Registratiedatum : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:15 pm

"Je suis vraiment fatigué de tout cela!" Odette said when she woke up again. It seemed that every time she turned around, she was waking up in a different place. Well, sort of. This was the second time she was in this forest. She wished she'd gone back to the lagoon. At least that wasn't as frightening as this.

She blinked behind the mask, realizing that one eye was blind. Fear churned in her gut, but she took a few breaths to calm herself. Panicking wouldn't help now, so she'd fight it.

"Well now, are you awake yet?"

Odette looked over at another masked person, belatedly noticing that they were holding hands. "O-oui." she stuttered out. She tried to pull her hand from his, but the less contact she had with him, a funny feeling came over her. Dread, despair, terror....just like when her home was attacked. So instead she stopped resisting.

"All I can think of is for us to just keep going forward to try to get out of here."

"Alright." She said, "Lead the way, monsieur."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Facilier

Dr. Facilier

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Facilier nodded as he began to walk forward taking steps into the darkness of the forest. It was different enough to see as it was with that ridiculous mask blocking his vision but to make things even worse he only had one eye to guide him along his way. Dropping his hand from the covered eye hole he exhaled in relief. At least whoever it was with him was conscious that made things a bit easier.

His ears pricked up at the sound of French being spoken by the partner by him. The voice was feminne enough to make him figure he had a woman for a partner. The familiar language that rolled off her tongue gave him a bit of ease. Finally something from home.

He didn't speak a lot of the language but he knew enough to get by in simple conversation not that he'd need it now. It seemed the woman could speak English after all.

"You speak French?" He asked his one good indigo eye surveying the territory watching for both of them with each careful step. He might have been a trickster, and a charlatan but he was nonetheless a gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

"Yes. I lived in Paris until--" Odette paused, not sure if she was ready to talk about that night. "Nevermind. Do you speak French?" So far, the only other person she'd met who spoke it fluently as well had been Esmerelda. Odette could speak English very well, but much preferred her native tongue.

"Oh, where are my manners. My name is Odette. What is yours?" Ever the proper lady, Odette would never abandon her courtesies, even when scared. They'd been hammered into her by her tutors for most of her life, after all.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Facilier

Dr. Facilier

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:09 pm

"Oui Madame." The good doctor replied with a slight incline of his head.

"Not much but enough to carry on a civilized conversation if you will. Growing up in the French Quarter'll that to yah." He replied as he stepped over an upturned tree root.

"And my name is Facilier, Doctor Facilier if you'd like to call me by my proper title." He glanced around wishing that by now his eyes would have adjusted to the darkness a little better.

"Odette's a very interesting name does it have a certain meaning?" He asked curious and figuring the conversation would help distract them both from their present situation at hand.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm

"It means 'little wealthy one'." Odette laughed, for the first time since she left home. It felt good to do that again. "Father said things should be called what they are. And so I was."

'Bien que n'étant plus...' she thought morosely. All she'd had left of her former life was her dress, the last gift from her father, and even that had been taken away. Hopefully Eris would return it to her once this...'game' was over.

"You are from America? What is it like?" she asked. She'd always wondered about the distant country, though hadn't met anyone who'd been there before.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Facilier

Dr. Facilier

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

"Well I'd say there's more to life than being wealthy though a little extra money in your pocket never hurt anyone." He commented with a shrug and a grin he knew she couldn't see. He envied the wealthy and sought to trick them out of whatever silver spoon had been born in their mouths. After all why would they have need of a little piece of silver when their safes were filled to the brim with gold. His palm turned a little to let his hand retake hers making the position a little more comfortable for him.

"Oh America is interesting but I've never been all over the country. Been up to Memphis once or twice but there's no better place than N'Awlins." He stopped for a moment his memories going over the unpleasant experiences he'd had in home. Despite them all he didn't wish to leave the place having been bound there by certain ties he could never escape voluntarily.

"So you fancy that name o'yours?" He questioned curious for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 am

"Well," Odette started, unsure how to answer, "Now that Father is gone, and so is my home, it's really all I have left. Well, besides the dress I had been wearing before they gave me this." She gestured to the dismal black thing they'd stuck her in. Honestly, it was like she was dressed for a funeral! The sudden thought she might be sent a shiver up her spine.

"I had never really adored it, but it's mine all the same."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Facilier

Dr. Facilier

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 am

"Mm well I suppose things are that way. You take what you can get in this life and move on. Though when you're rich there isn't much to want for is there?" He questioned with a sly half grin.

"Everything in the world is at your fingertips. You only have to open your mouth and its right in front of you. A charmed life wouldn't you say? Nothing like scraping the bottom of the barrel for the chance to feast on leftover scraps." His one clear eye narrowed at the thought of his dismal past. He'd found no reason to continue living in such a way when just a little bit of sly intelligence could guarantee him a meal every night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)   One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Eyed Darkness (Tag Odette)
Page 1 of 1