Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora

Or what it used to be

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

Aantal berichten : 72
Registratiedatum : 2012-11-15

Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] Empty
PostSubject: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 am

Esmeralda opened her eyes with difficulty. The sun light dazzled her and made her blink. She coughed to evactuate the water from her lungs. Her muscles were painful and the suffering in her left arm she felt when she tried to stand up made her cry out.
But she stood out anyway, ignoring the pain, she walked to a close rock and leaned on it. She closed her eyes for a few minutes, trying to order her thoughts and remember what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

Aantal berichten : 24
Registratiedatum : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 pm

"Urrrghh..."

Odette held her hand as she laid half-in the water, her face smushed into the sand. She was cold, and wet, and hurt all over. She tried sitting up, but found she had no strength. Instead, she rolled over onto her back and just sat there for a moment, looking around to get her bearings.

It seemed this was a lagoon, and looked safe enough...at least for a while. Odette slowly sat up, wincing as her muscles screamed in protest. She gave herself a thorough look-over, and was pleased that there weren't any serious injuries. Just a couple of bruises.

Satisfied that she wasn't in danger of dying from wounds, Odette tried to remember exactly what happened before then. There was a storm, she knew. She'd been on a ship, trying to get away from something, or someone. Someone important had been left behind...someone she...

"Ô Dieu, Papa!" she gasped, remembering the attack on the manor. The mob had just broken into the house when a servant had pushed her into the secret passage, and the boy had sealed it behind her. Her father and the servant were left behind. She remembered her father shouting, and then growing silent.

Odette doubled over, sobbing into her hands, grieving for her father and those of their household. Now, she was truly alone in the world. Her mourning was interrupted when she heard sounds nearby, however, and Odette turned about. An older woman was struggling to pull herself up next to a rock, seemingly just as bad off that Odette was.

"Madame! Ne faites pas! You will just hurt yourself!" Odette called out, trying to stand herself. She managed to take a couple of steps before her knees gave out and she sank to the ground again. "Oh dear, that was not a good idea..."
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

(OOC: Oh, oh, using french? I'm so tempted to follow you on that point! X3 - don't hesitate to tell me if you prefer that I translate it into english. ^^)

Esmeralda opened her eyes when she heard a woman's voice. She turned her head in the voice's direction. The pain in her neck caused her to wince. She squinted to see the woman more precisely. She was a blond young woman whose injuries and wet aspect made Esmeralda suppose that she had just escape the shipwreck, just like her.

The blond was trying to be considerate with Esmeralda but it was running on her nerves. "Vous avez une meilleur idée je suppose. Je suis désolée mais, pour ma part, je n'ai pas l'intention de moisir sur cette plage."
She then saw the young woman sinking back to the ground and sighted. "Great, now I'm stuck in an unknow place with a damsel in distress; how perfect!" she membled. But she perfectly knew that she felt better being alone on a beech with her than she would have been with a man.

"Est-ce que ça va?" asked Esmeralda, hoping that the blond was able to walk without needing her to. She wasn't really willing to help this unknown woman but she figured that it would be wiser not to remain completely alone in such an unfamiliar and maybe hostile environment.
Back to top Go down
Cassim

Cassim

Aantal berichten : 69

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm

(o ya french ladies Cool im in love)
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 pm

[ OOC: Je vois que nous avons un amateur du célèbre charme à la française! ;3 ]
Back to top Go down
Cassim

Cassim

Aantal berichten : 69

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 pm

(i understand it better than I write it so i wont even try but uh im also an amateur
so ya haha im basically stalking 'cause im bored Razz)
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:33 pm

( FRENCH IZ SEXAAAAAYYYYY. >3> Though strangely, IMO, I like German better. >8D)

"Oh, vous êtes français et que je vois. Eh bien, au moins la communication ne sera pas un problème." Despite being fluent in English, she'd never quite shaken her accent, though most found it endearing, even if a little frustrating. Odette let out a nervous chuckle as she managed to stand on her shaky legs. "Je ne pense pas que vous savez où nous aurions atterri ...?"

Looking around, she could only see common plant life you'd see near a lagoon. That much she learned from her books and tutors. She couldn't spot any fauna that might give her a clue as to their location, which both frightened and frustrated her.

"J'espère nos compagnons de voyage ont survécu..."
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:07 am

"Bien sur que non. Comment voudriez-vous que je le sache?" answered Esmeralda with an annoyed tone. She didn't really meant to be that aggressive but she was tired, her whole body was aching and this other woman seemed to have a talent to express what was obvious for everyone.

Esmeralda noticed that the blond was looking around. She seemed to focus on plants, probably trying to recognize what was this place, Esmeralda thought. As if knowing where they were exactly had any importance.

Esmeralda rolled her eyes earing the young woman worrying about the other passengers. "Ce n'est pas le moment de penser à ça. Le plus urgent est de trouver un endroit où s'abriter avant la nuit et un source d'eau potable. Vu l'état de la végétation, je doute qu'il y ait une ville à proximitée." she stated, looking at some damaged trees. It seemed that she'd have to handle the situation, after all, this non-gypsy probably never slept somewhere else than in a comfortable bed.

Last edited by Esmeralda on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 am

Odette flinched at Esmerelda's hostile tone. But she kept in mind that the woman was more than likely in terrible pain. That would make anyone grumpy. So, she just quietly muttered, "Je suis désolé."

When Esmerelda suggested finding shelter, Odette glanced around again. On the other side of the large lagoon, there was a pile of rocks with a willow standing in front. Its long tresses were obscuring most of the---wait, there was an opening! It was a cave (though very small)!

Excited by the prospect of having a roof over their heads, she smiled and pointed towards the cave, "Madame! Que diriez-vous que le? Pensez-vous qu'il va faire pour le moment? Ou devons-nous trouver quelque chose plus gros?"
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Esmeralda pursed her lips hearing the blond apologising. She really was a rich girl! There was no real need for her to apologise yet she was doing it anyway. 'She would better stand up and help me.', thought Esmeralda when the other woman started pointing at some rocks on the other side of the lagoon.

Esmeralda's gaze followed the direction indicated by the younger girl and she stopped pursing her lips. After a few seconds of reflection she said "Ma fois, oui, pourquoi pas. Le seul problème c'est de savoir si elle ne sera pas innondée par la marée haute. Je suis d'avis qu'on commence par trouver de l'eau. Le plus près d'une source on sera, le mieux ça vaudra; en espérant que cette île soit assez grande pour avoir une rivière, un ruisseau ou quelque chose de ce genre." she added, anxiously looking at the border of the forest.

She checked whether she still had her knife with her. It was still there, tyed against her thigh. Having been assaulted by this disgusting male a few mounths ago finally had had its use. She lightly breathed a sight of relief.

She used her right hand to separate for the rock - with a groan - and started walking in the direction of the forest, saying: "Et ne m'appelle pas madame, je ne suis pas si vieille que ça."
Back to top Go down
Odette

Odette

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:02 pm

"Eh bien, vous êtes le chef." Odette said. She stood and swayed, but found her balance again in a moment and started walking after Esmerelda. Every movement hurt, and was hampered by her sodden dress, but she voiced no complaint. She was just thankful she was alive and not at the bottom of the sea!

Realizing she had no idea what her new companion's name was, she fell into step with the gypsy woman. "Mon nom est Odette. Quelle est la vôtre?" When she caught a glimpse of the knife in Esmerelda's hand, her jaw dropped as she started to wonder just who she'd ended up with that carried concealed weapons. 'Bien qu'il soit le plus heureux maintenant que nous sommes nous-mêmes. Je devrais probablement avoir transporté un moi-même.' she thought.

(Hey, that first sentence of dialogue in that last post of yours, I got confused on it. Does it translate to 'My time, yes, why not.', or did I mess up on it? >_____> )
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 am

[ Sorry I might have gotten carried away Embarassed : "Ma foi" (and I even made a spelling mistake in my own language! Rolling Eyes ) is an idiomatic expession that, I think, has no equivalent in english 'cause it can mean various things. Here it's a bit as if I had written "Well, yes, why not?". It indicates Esmeralda thinks it could be a good idea maybe. She kindda surrenders to Odette's idea. ]

Still walking, Esmeralda peered over her shoulder and glanced at the blond girl, that 'Odette'. "Esmeralda" she simply answered after a few seconds, looking down and turning back her head in the direction of the forest.

She had noticed the way Odette had looked at her knife. She didn't really know why but Esmeralda felt that she had to reassure her a bit about that. Maybe because she feared that it could lead the other girl to leave her which definitly wouldn't be a good idea for both of them.

Without turning around, she showed Odette the knife, blankly stating: "Une longue histoire."

[ P.S.: 'Till where are we allowed to go before bumping into one of Eris' barrier? scratch ]
Back to top Go down
BriarRose

BriarRose

Aantal berichten : 129
Registratiedatum : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 am

(OOC: till the trees there is the barrier of Hades ^^ so you have one row of trees and than the barrier begins. If that makes sense xD)
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 am

[ OOC: Roger! XD Then I think it won't take long before Esme starts to really worry! ;P ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]   Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wake up in a strange place [TAG: Odette ^^]
Page 1 of 1